Dedicated to the Advancement of Regenerative Medicine
The Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM)’s mission is to advance regenerative medicine by representing, supporting, and engaging all stakeholders in regenerative medicine including companies, academic research institutions, patient advocacy groups, foundations, health insurers, investors, and other organizations.
ARM is a Washington, DC-based multi-stakeholder advocacy organization that promotes global initiatives necessary to facilitate access to life-giving advances in regenerative medicine.
The organization promotes legislative, regulatory reimbursement, investment, technical, and other initiatives to accelerate the development of safe and effective regenerative medicine technologies. ARM also works to increase public understand- ing of the field and its potential to transform human healthcare.
Prior to the formation of ARM in 2009, there was a need for more coordinated and cohesive advocacy representing the interests of the companies, research institutions, investors and patient groups that comprise the entire regenerative medicine community. Today ARM has more than 140 members and is the leading global advocacy organization in this field.
Stakeholder Coordination— A Critical Factor for Success
Delivering cures through regenerative medicine requires coordination amongst a broad range of stakeholder groups from industry, academia, government, healthcare professionals, the investment community and consumer advocates. The Alliance for Regenerative Medicine is the voice for these groups, drawing them together to create an influential and unified community that is paving the way for a healthier future with many new life saving therapies.
About Regenerative Medicine
Regenerative medicine represents a new paradigm in human health with the potential to resolve unmet medical needs by addressing the underlying causes of disease.
The emerging field of regenerative medicine is unique in its aim to augment, repair, replace or regenerate organs and tissue that have been damaged by disease, injury or even the natural aging process. This rapidly evolving, interdisciplinary field is transforming healthcare by translating fundamental science into a variety of regenerative technologies including biologics, chemical compounds, materials and devices. It differs from other fields of medicine in the array of disciplines it brings together and in its ability to create or harness the body’s innate healing capacity.
ARM’s membership is diverse, representing leading regenerative medicine companies and investors, university-based and non-profit research institutions, patient advocacy groups, pharmaceutical companies engaged in regenerative medicine research, and other organizations supporting regenerative medicine.
What We Do
Alliance members work together to:
- Serves as the voice of the global regenerative medicine community.
- Coalesces multiple, diverse stakeholders to ensure the healthcare system supports ready access to regenerative medicine products.
- Introduces and supports policies that pave the way for development of new regenerative medicine therapies, medical devices and diagnostics.
- Including developing and advocating for legislative, regulatory and reimbursement initiatives that support increased research and development of regenerative medicine products.
- Promotes government and private funding of R&D in regenerative medicine.
- Works with regulators including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to encourage more rapid clinical translation of regenerative medicine technologies.
- Works with private insurers and CMS to develop reimbursement models that support development of innovative regenerative medicine products.
- Provides business development and investor outreach services to support the growth of its member companies and research organizations.
- Improves communication, cooperation and public understanding of the field and its potential to transform healthcare.
- Develops public education materials to raise awareness about the value of regenerative medicine products.
- Works with the patient advocacy community to improve understating of regenerative medicine and collaborate on initiatives to advance research and development of the field.
- Creates visibility for advances in the field.
- About Us
- Get Involved
- ARM in Action
- About Regenerative Medicine
- Media Center
Save the Date - October 14 -16, 2013 - for regenerative medicine's top conference bringing together both...
In partnership with the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM), ARM is hosting a private,...
ARM's 2013 Annual Report is now available for download. This annual publication provides an...