Mesoblast Limited is developing biotherapeutic products based on its proprietary adult stem cell and protein based technologies. The Company’s technology platforms have the potential to deliver a diverse portfolio of clinical products to treat major conditions with unmet medical needs.
The Company’s cell-based core technologies include its highly purified, immunoselected Mesenchymal Precursor Cells (MPCs), culture-expanded Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs), Dental Pulp Stem Cells (DPSCs), and expanded Hematopoietic Stem Cells (HSCs). Mesoblast’s protein technologies are based on factors derived from its proprietary cellular platforms, including Stromal Derived Factor-1 (SDF-1).
Mesoblast’s allogeneic or ‘off-the-shelf’ cell-based products are targeting substantial, under-served medical areas including cardiac and metabolic diseases, inflammatory/immune-mediated conditions, oncology, and orthopedic diseases. Lead products are MSC-100-IV for steroid refractory acute Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD), MPC-06-ID for chronic discogenic lower back pain and MPC-150-IM for congestive heart failure.
Since publicly listing on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:MSB) in 2004, Mesoblast’s major accomplishments include:
- Successful translation of three cell-based technology platforms for multiple applications
- Robust intellectual property portfolio of >60 patent families that provides long-term commercial protection for mesenchymal lineage cells
- Development of a portfolio of allogeneic regenerative medicine products, with five in Phase 3 or Phase 3 ready
- Evidence-based mechanisms of action that support clinical translation
- Multiple strategic partnerships that enhance commercial success; and
- Capital market support and a strong balance sheet.
Mesoblast's approach to product development has been to ensure rigorous science is performed using well characterized cell populations in order to understand mechanisms of action for each potential indication. Extensive preclinical translational studies are used to appropriately guide clinical trials. The use of well characterized cell populations has also facilitated development of novel proprietary manufacturing processes which ensure reproducibility and batch to batch consistency. The Company’s manufacturing, translational, and clinical activities are structured to meet stringent criteria set by regulatory agencies in each jurisdiction the Company operates.
- About Us
- Get Involved
- About Regenerative Medicine
- ARM Events
- Committee Meetings
- Regenerative Medicine Industry Events
- Past Events
- ARM in Action
- Committees and Working Groups
- Technology Sections
- European Section
- Patient Resources & Advocacy
- Policy and Government Relations
- Science and Technology
- Regenerative Medicine Promotion Act
- ARM & Bioethics
- ARM Political Action Committee
- Regulatory & Legislative Priorities
- ARM MOUs
- Media Center
January 6, 2017 – (Sangamo) – Clear strategy with new management, organizational structure and clinical capabilities will drive Sangamo...