The primary mission of FBRI is to revitalizethe economy of Kobe and the Kansai region, improve the health and welfare of the citizens of Kobe and the wider general public and raise the standard of health care around the world. Three major divisions, the Institute of Biomedical Research and Innovation, the Translational Research Informatics Center and Pro-Cluster Kobe, are tasked with facilitating breakthroughs in biomedical technology by:
- transferring achievements in basic research into clinical applications with shortest possible lead-time in a process we call Integrative Celerity Research
- providing advanced health care to the community
- designing innovative medical systems
- and aiding the development of the Kobe Biomedical Innovation Cluster
Division of Cell Therapy
1. Cell processing services Establish sustainable framework for cell processing
- GMP-grade cell processing for investigator- or sponsor-led clinical trials.
- Facility management for cell processing center (CPC).
- Consultation for CPC designing, operation, training and management.
2. Clinical trials Develop new approaches to cell therapy
- Clinical trials focused on regenerative medicine
3. Quality assurance services and consultation Testing cellular products
- Viral, bacterial and mycoplasma testing; endotoxin measurements meeting customer’s requirements.
- In vivo and in vitro preclinical testing of cellular products.
- Consultation for preparation of documents for regulatory agencies.
4. Collaborative research activities
- Joint research and development projects with companies in the field of cell biology.
Contact Foundation for Biomedical Research and Innovation (FBRI)