Updated: May 11, 2020
Dear ARM Members and Stakeholders:
The rapid spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) represents a significant and unprecedented international public health challenge. At ARM, the health and safety of our members, staff, and other stakeholders is of utmost importance.
Following recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other authorities, ARM has instituted the following policies to minimize exposure to and transmission of the virus:
- ARM employees are working remotely until further notice.
- All meetings are being held virtually or via teleconference.
- Work travel has been halted until further notice.
- ARM’s Legislative Fly-In will be digital this year to provide members the opportunity to engage with their legislators. More information is available here.
- ARM continues to monitor the pandemic in relation to future ARM events, and is exploring the implementation of digital events during this unusual period of social distancing.
- We have launched new Cell and Gene Virtual Webinar Series to discuss the key issues in the gene, cell, and tissue-based therapeutic sector, including those presented by COVID-19.
- ARM has launched a publicly accessible COVID-19 Resource Library to provide stakeholders in the regenerative medicine sector with relevant information on managing research, development, operations, finance, and other aspects of their mission during this time.
- ARM is currently tracking potential regenerative medicine approaches to treating COVID-19 & related complications. There are currently no approved treatments for coronavirus, and patients should avoid unproven and potentially harmful therapies marketed by practitioners without the appropriate regulatory oversight provided by the clinical trial process. Click here for ARM’s position on the regulation of stem cell therapeutic candidates.
- ARM’s weekly sector newsletter now includes a section on COVID-19 news that is relevant to the cell and gene therapy sector.
- ARM has launched an online CEO Discussion Forum. Participation is available to the top executive at each ARM member organization. The forum is intended to provide a platform for organization leaders to connect with their peers to discuss timely issues, including their response to the coronavirus.
ARM remains committed to its role as the convener and voice of the cell, gene, and tissue-based therapeutic sector, and to providing our members with access to the invaluable resources, opportunities, and networks that define ARM membership. We will be using every electronic means available to continue to carry out our mission during this time.
We hope that these measures will contribute to a decrease in the spread of coronavirus, and that we will be able to connect with you in person soon.
Please continue to check this page (www.alliancerm.org/coronavirus) for updates, and contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Janet Lynch Lambert
Chief Executive Officer