Missouri Cures Education Foundation
The Missouri Cures Education Foundation was established as a 501(c)(3) non-profit in 2010. The Foundation is an affiliate of Missouri Cures, which spearheaded efforts to pass the Missouri Stem Cell Amendment in 2006. This voter approved change to the Missouri Constitution made the state one of the first to protect patient’s rights to access future stem cell therapies and protect physicians who do the research. Any research allowed on the federal level is allowed in Missouri, thanks to the passage of the amendment. Missouri remains the state with the strongest protections for medical research.
What We Do
• We publicize cutting edge medical advances taking place at Missouri’s hospitals, universities and medical institutions that are leading the effort to save lives and cure diseases.
• We provide education programs around the state highlighting the work of medical researchers in Missouri. We engage civic groups, businesses, community leaders, nonprofits and individuals throughout the state.
• We encourage policy makers to support medical research, as well as support patients who stand to benefit from new treatments and the companies that develop as a result of such research. We work to protect all types of medical research in the state.
• We facilitate collaborations between researchers within the state and with national and international leaders in medical innovation, strengthening Missouri’s reputation as a center for leading research and the pursuit of cures.
• Our membership includes physicians, nurses, scientists, researchers, patient advocacy groups, business, faith and community leaders, veterans and families throughout Missouri.
The Missouri Cures Education Foundation is a statewide non-profit public education and advocacy alliance working to promote and protect medical advances to improve the health of Missourians and stimulate the economy in our state.